Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week Recap

Whew! I feel like this is the first time I'm actually relaxing in 10 days!

Last Saturday, Molly and I started out the weekend having drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Hawkeye Victory. It had been a week since her wedding and my first time seeing her since. In the past 3 months, I think that may have been the longest I've gone without seeing her. WEIRD!

Later that night, my brother's wife, sister, homie, best friend, Aftan invited me to have a quiet dinner to celebrate her transfer from an ER Nurse to some other nurse job (much more boring, she basically does nothing all day,but send me snaps of herself---BUT she gets paid more, and doesn't work any nights or weekends. For me, this means I get home- cooked meals at least 4 nights a week and a much less stressed BFF. :) What started as a quiet dinner quickly changed to a 2:30am bedtime for me, but man we had fun! There aren't many nights when my brother and Aftan can both go out and have a fun, kid-free night, so I was forced to enjoy it with them.




 Before I could take a breath, it was homecoming week at school. Which is a very fun week for kids and teachers, but also very chaotic and busy. We also had our first field trip on Tuesday, so I had to fit in reminding my little ones on what is and is not appropriate behavior in public (it can be tough).

I really meant to take a picture of every special day we had for homecoming and managed to pull out 1.5 out of 5.  The .5 is a selfie, so I don't know if it really counts.

Monday was hat day so naturally I used this as a perfect excuse to wear Hawkeye gear in Nebraska territory. 

Owl shirt curteousy of Miriam (my mamma)  



  Wednesday was mix and match socks and/or shoes


 There's More

After a loooooonnnng week, I was fully prepared to sit on my couch from Friday to Sunday, however on Friday I was reminded that it was Briar Cliff Women's Basketball alumni weekend, and also Briar Cliff's homecoming.

A lot of my college friends were coming into town and there was no way I could miss out on seeing them. We reminisced on old basketball stories which  usually turns into Liz and I going back and forth making fun of each other, or Cat trying to counsel Christa on something. 

I could have slept all day Sunday, but Arlo was not having that. We got up bright and early and headed to bacon creek to get a run in.


 On Saturday Morning (before the Alumni Weekend), Aftan, the kids, and I went to visit Grandma Edie in Akron. That deserves it's own post though because I obviously took a million pics of my niece and nephews. Coming soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. So fun!! Miriam has the BEST owl stuff! Hence, the owl pillows at my kitchen table! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of you and arlo on the run! <3 soooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete